Monday, May 18, 2009

Where I stand, and Why...

Abortion- Strongly against. How can you be charged a double murder when you kill a pregnant woman. It's murder and a "woman's right to chose" has nothing to do with it.


Guns- I'm for limited gun control. There are guns on the street that shouldn't be and no waiting period is ridiculous. If you want to hunt 2 weeks from now, order it now. I know what the second amendment says, but this was also a time when British Soldiers could burst into your house and sleep there. 


Gay Marriage- Against, but not "strongly." Gays should be allowed in the military and should have rights, but I'm for procreation. I also think a child benefits from having a mother and father.


War- Bush certainly made some mistakes and war could have been handled differently, but Bush also kept us safe. I'm for securing democracy abroad if that country would pose a threat to us or other countries without it. 


Taxes- FairTax. Huckabee's big tax plan is a good one and one I think will eventually catch on. Would solve a lot of problems in the Economy. 


Bush/Obama- Bush made mistakes, as all Presidents do, but overall did a pretty good job. Again, many things he should have done differently, but was not one of the worst Presidents ever. As for Obama, I'm willing to give him my support as of now and stand behind him, but the spending has got to stop. 


Why I support Huckabee- In 2008, I was struggling over which candidate to support. I was in the midst of reading "The Audacity of Hope" and hadn't ruled out Obama. My friends liked Guiliani and Romney, but I didn't. Was not and am not a big McCain fan. So I did some research, and went to every candidates web site and to the issues page and read up. Huckabee fit my views almost perfectly and is just a generally good guy. 




That should give you a good view of where I am. I consider myself very conservative in my views, but not my view of the rest of the world, if that makes sense. I do not hate homosexuals and I'm not a liberal-basher who thinks Barack Obama is the worst thing to happen to this country since 9/11. I keep an open mind and consider myself an American before I do Republican. 

No comments:

Post a Comment